About this Cocktail
My variation on the Garibaldi (most famously adapted by Naren Young, 2018). My major addition is that I charge it with nitrous oxide, which gives the drink a sweet, creamy aspect without using cream.
Recipe makes 2 cocktails
3 oz Aperol
6 oz freshly squeezed orange juice
2 oz freshly squeezed clementine juice
4 dashes grapefruit bitters
Equipment: whipping syphon + whipped cream (N2O) chargers
1. Shake all ingredients with ice until chilled, about 30 seconds.
2. Pour cocktail into whipping siphon.
3. Charge with a nitrous oxide cartridge, shake twice, and gently press release lever until all pressure clears, being careful not to lose any liquid.
4. Charge with a second nitrous oxide cartridge, shake five times, and let sit for 1 minute.
5. Gently press release lever until all pressure clears, being careful not to lose any liquid. Remove top, and decant into two serving glasses.
Get BarNotes for the iPhone to
discover and share your favorite cocktails.
Give us your email address and we will send you instructions to reset it