Lemon, ginger, honey, scotch... everything to make you feel better when you’re sick... or to make you feel even better when you’re not.
Johnny Walker Black and Ardbeg are my default blended and single malt scotches respectively. Just make sure the single malt is nice and peaty; that’s what makes it a great topper.
2 oz blended Scotch whiskey
3/4 oz fresh lemon juice
3/4 oz honey syrup
3 slices fresh ginger
1/4 oz single malt Scotch
Candied ginger (for garnish)
1. Muddle the fresh ginger until well mashed.
2. Add blended scotch, lemon juice, and honey syrup to the mixing glass.
3. Add ice and shut thoroughly
4. Strain into an ice-filled rocks glass (single large cube preferred)
5. Pour the single malt Scotch over the back of a bar spoon so that it floats atop the drink.
6. Garnish with candied ginger