About this Cocktail
This is my adaption of Brandy Lift technique (Jennifer Colliau, 2012) to Donn Beach’s Rum Cow. It takes an intense dessert cocktail and spins it into a lighter adult sodapop style refreshment.
2 oz black strap rum
.5 oz crème de cacao
1 oz heavy cream
1 oz simple syrup
2 dashes Angostura bitters
2 drops vanilla extract
freshly grated nutmeg, as garnish
1. Shake all ingredients except seltzer and nutmeg with ice.
2. Strain into a Fizz or Collins glass.
3. Slowly pour seltzer into glass, while paddling back and forth with a long bar spoon. Stop when foam reaches the rim of the glass.
4. Lightly dust foam with freshly grated nutmeg
5. Wait 20 seconds, and then slowly add additional seltzer (without paddling), until foam rises above the rim of the glass.
Get BarNotes for the iPhone to
discover and share your favorite cocktails.
Give us your email address and we will send you instructions to reset it