About this Cocktail
This cocktail when served on ice glistens with a golden hue like no other. It dances across the spectrum with gold, honey and amber tones as the room’s lights graze across your crystal glass. A flavor synthesis that is unique — near perfect. The combination-of-elements fuse in a highly unexpected and non-linear fashion. States of oral and cognitive stimulus, which like its name sake the “Strange Attractor,” can only be revealed through long-nights of exploration into the domains of complex flavor systems. Scotch, Kentucky Bourbon and a bit of divinity, Bénédictine from an ancient French Monastery, provide for a multi-continental asynchronous snap of tastes.
Interestingly, the geographic sources of the ingredients, provides for an equally strange juxtaposition of cultures which typically mirrors the groups at scientific and engineering conferences worldwide enjoying this elixir at the hotel bar after a day’s proceedings is over and an evening of conversation and bonding begins.
Swirl this cocktail with your tongue, allow the seltzer to pop and exposed your taste buds to the complexity. Smooth and fresh with leading notes of citrus quickly followed with traces of anise, on a robust and reassuring flavor base of smoke, vanilla, spices and malt.
The Cocktail of Scientists & Engineers Worldwide!
3.5 oz Scotch (Johnnie Walker Red)
3.5 oz Bourbon (Maker’s Mark)
1 oz Bénédictine (DOM)
4 dashes orange bitters (Regan’s #6)
4 oz seltzer or club soda
Directions (8 oz):
· Mix 3.5 oz Scotch (Johnnie Walker Red), 3.5 oz Bourbon (Maker’s Mark), 1 oz Bénédictine (DOM) and 4 dashes orange bitters (Regan’s #6) in small shaker full of ice. Shake.
· Prepare four (4) low-ball glasses full with large rock ice and orange wedge.
· Pour glasses 1/3 up with shaker blend.
· Top glasses off with ~4 oz seltzer or club soda. Stir gently.
· Enjoy the Cocktail that is a metaphor for Life… The Strange Attractor.