This is a beautiful twist on the Classic - Sherry Cobbler! Inspired by the beautiful Port of Valencia which is the key. La Tomatina is a festival that is held in the Valencian town of Buñol, a town located in the East of Spain and near by the Mediterranean; in which participants throw tomatoes and get involved in this tomato fight purely for entertainment purposes. Since 1945, it has been held on the last Wednesday of August, during the week of festivities of Buñol. Cheers,
Ps: It tastes authentic with a mouth-feel of the Umami flavor of the drink. Try to order it for your girl friend next time at the bar!
This is the drink created for Tio Pepe Challenge 2017 - Germany
70ml González Byass Viña AB, Amontillado Sherry
3x Cherry Tomatoes
dash of Bitter Truth Celery Bitters
- Muddle cherry tomatoes in base of the shaker.
- Add other ingredients and fill up with ice.
- Roll it until chilled and fine strain into a Cobbler glass / Wine glass or Water Goblet (if any available for your desire).
- Fill up with crushed ice.
- Garnish with an Orange wedge, a cherry tomato cut into half, a Celery stick and a Rosemary (just flaming before served).
Ps: This drink should be accompanied with Iberico to create the Umami taste of the drink. Enjoy!